This special edition DVD box set includes two discs to inspire, inform and evaluate good outdoor practice for staff working with under threes.
For babies and toddlers, spending time outdoors to investigate and explore the natural world is an essential part of their holistic development. Your outdoor learning environment should be rich and engaging and offer a range of exciting possibilities for both babies and adults.
In these DVDs we will consider the design, space and layout of outdoor areas to show how you can use your space in the best way possible. We will observe babies, toddlers and adults interacting outdoors to give insight into the developmental trends of this age group. We will show practical examples of outdoor activities, equipment and resources that you can use to enhance their cognitive, emotional, social and physical development. In the DVD we will cover the following sections:
The Learning Environment
• Consider areas and environments that create an enriched and stimulating outdoor classroom for under threes and cater for all the areas of learning
• Watch examples on how to develop motor skills, co-ordination and control for babies and toddlers through a range of adult led and child initiated play
• Consider the opportunities for under threes outdoors beyond the nursery
• Consider practical challenges around space, weather and staff attitude to ensure enthusiasm and engagement
• Learn how to address parental anxiety and work with parents to develop a safe, positive approach
• 2 DVDs (running time 45mins each)
• Each DVD also contains a PowerPoint/PDF for use in training sessions
Gail Ryder Richardson, Early Years Trainer and Consultant, Outdoor Matters!
Julie Mountain, Director, Play Learning Life CIC
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.